Wednesday 1 September 2010

Tone Deaf Singer

There is a person who, every Tuesday, feels the need to fill the town centre with her sounds of music. This would be OK with me if she could actually sing, which she can't. Every week it is the same the large lady and the tiny husband arrive, amp in tow, and she sings while he stands there watching. It's a bit weird if you ask me. He stands next to her for a while and the walks away and watches her from afar. He then walks back, tweaks a knob or two on the amp and continues listening. 
Where she sets up is only a few meters away from the doors to the shop where I work. When I am working, and I am sure my co-workers would agree it is the most infuriating thing, the sound that she makes just goes straight through your head.
I was in town today and today being a Tuesday, she was there as usual. I noticed that she was bellowing out/ murdering, Celine Dion's 'My Heart Will Go On'. I could just make out the tune but I couldn't understand a word that she was singing, or should I say attempting to sing? Anyways, I sat there for a wile drinking my coffee and listened to her crooning for a while trying to work it out. Another song came o, I can't remember which one, but I worked out she wasn't just really bad at annunciating her words, she was singing in a different language. Who does that? Takes a 90's pop song and tries to make in operatic by singing in a different language? Well obviously she does.


Another thing, Who the hell goes out in public with and amp and microphone when they clearly can't sing? Plus I swear I saw her on like 'Britain's got Talent' or something and she was told she was crap on there. So why she thinks we want to hear her I don't know.


Meh
Bye.

3 comments:

  1. haha! there's a lady who goes into Cam city centre every week on a Wednesday I think, with a guitar and verious other bits of equipment to busk.It's quite sweet really cos she bashes out an accompaniment of sorts on the guitar and REALLY goes for it, but her singing can only be described as wailing! Totally destroys the calm atmosphere in Waterstone's if you're on the wronf side of the building! xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! Perhaps the two are related some how. It sounds like one could have influenced the other in some way.

    ReplyDelete